A page with the latest gossip, news, techniques and changes in super8 [lab-] land. Here you find the '2014 news', the '2013 news', the '2012 news', the '2011 news', the '2010 news', and the the '2009 news'. On the last page you find the 'news archive' with articles from pre 2008. Last update February 1st 2015.
technicolor's 100th birthday
So you just started to work in super8? Or you just bought a super8 camera? Are you sure this is a super8 camera and not 8mm or single8? Well then this website is for you, a great manual for everyone that uses - or want's to use - super8 film.
[27 January 2015].
From January 2015 there are some additional charges, here's a short list:
* pre-paid b/w films get a surcharge of €1,00 for each cartridge due to raised prices for chemistry.
* pre-paid colour reversal films get a surcharge of €0,50 for each cartridge due to raised prices for chemistry. If the pre-paid sticker is more than 1 year old the surcharge is €1,00/cartridge.
* pre-paid colour negative films get a surcharge of €1,40 for each cartridge due to raised prices for chemistry.
* editing new processed films onto larger reels cost €0,75 for each 50ft film, excluding the price for the larger reel. If you want a scan preparation the price for the work is €42,00 each hour.
* the lab charges €10 administration costs for sending your package via your own DHL, FedEx or UPS account.
All prices are excluding 21% VAT.
[27 January 2015].
Ferrania master roll
Kahl NC17 super8
EI 50/17° for daylight [5500K, without filter]
January 2015. This is an extra special super8 cartridge with colour reversal stock to achive special effects, if you like to take a gamble. I have not used this type of emulsion myself. To order this film just send an .
In the past weeks I've update the complete website. Here are the main changes:
* The prices of all products have been adjusted.
* I've added some new products.
* Visit this page and view all films we offer with processing.
* The general conditions have been updated.
* The most important change is that from today on the lab will only sell films with processing included.
That is because this lab does only exsists from processing 8mm and super8 films. Thank you for understanding. My advise for those people who want to purchase films in order to process them yourself I reccomend you to buy them straight from the manufactorer (that is also how we do it), or find an online shop.
[05 January 2015].